How to download the FerryGateway protocol
First step is to register, which you can do by clicking ‘User registration’ up to the right and then fill in the registration form. Once approved you will get an email with password. Log in, go to ‘Member area’ where you will find the standard package to download.
Log in and go to Members area to download the current version 1.2.1 package. This was launched in November 2018.
Taking the next step
The FerryGateway standard protocol for communication between ferry operators and travel agents is established and the natural and obvious choice for the ferry industry and its partners. We are very happy about that.
And for everyone who wants to work even more efficient, when connecting to more than one ferry operator or agent, you should use what we call the Switch. It is a technical hub that connects agents and operators to each other. The idea is to make it easier for both agents and operators to reach each other, i.e. only one connection point is required. Very simplified it looks like this.
So what is required to use the Switch? You have to use FerryGateway as your standard protocol. You of course also have to have a commercial agreement between agent and operator, but also an agreement with the FerryGateway Association to use the Switch. The commercial terms and conditions to use the Switch will be presented to everyone interested.
The Switch is being maintained, operated and supported by totally independent resources and the security level is high. We will protect you from any kind of intrusion and no one will have access to sensitive transaction data that the Switch will handle.
The Switch saves costs for everyone by only having one standard that covers the needs of the ferry market plus only one connection point.
We encourage agents, operators and other travel organisations to become users and to download the FerryGateway standard package from this site. Don’t miss the opportunity to use the opportunities, even more attractive with the possibilities the Switch offers.
Want to know more? Please contact us and we will tell you all about it!
What FerryGateway is
- The communication standard between a ferry operator and travel agents to enable increased revenue to a broader audience.
- A standardised set of messages that enables pre-selling and booking of ferry journeys including all products and services on-board.
- An intellectual property of FerryGateway Association, i.e. 7 major ferry companies in Europe.
- An open source standard, free to use, but controlled and supported by the Association.
- FerryGateway replaces all other used standards today.
What the Switch is
- A technical hub system that constitutes the digital link between agents/partners and ferry operators.
- An enabler of quick and easy one-point connection using the FerryGateway standard.
- A possibility for every agent and operator that prefers simple, cheap and smooth links to each other.
FerryGateway enables and supports
- The full on-board Product and Services range
- Flexibility in terms of Pricing and Fare types
- Transparency through standardised definitions
- Change, Amend and Cancel bookings
- Rich Information to Customers via text, pictures or video
- Adding new Services and Products through generic messages
We truly believe that FerryGateway is very beneficial for the Ferry Business. By using one standard for communication between the different actors the ferry business reaches new markets, eliminates the limitations of other existing standards and attracts major players to sell and up-sell ferry traveling through a common interface. By also providing the Switch these benefits is greatly enhanced.